What is Hepatitis A?
Simply put, it’s an inflammation of the liver associated with damaged or dead liver cells.
Symptoms: loss of appetite, fatigue, weight loss, fever, nausea, vomiting, dark urine (not always).
Scary part is that a person is contagious 2 weeks before the symptoms even begin!
What causes Hepatitis A?
The American Liver Foundation determined that there are 5 different viruses (A,B,CD,and E)that cause hepatitis.
Hepatitis A is contagious for at least 3 weeks and because it’s spread through feces (no shit!), a thorough toilet hygiene and hand and cloth washing is a MUST.
Other causes for Hepatitis:
- excessive alcohol consumption
- drug abuse = including meds like acetaminophen – hello Tylenol, Night/DayQuil and so many other pain killers and drugs –check label (list of medication with acetaminophen)
- overexposure to certain chemicals (eg. dry-cleaning fluids)
ALWAYS wash your hands and your fruits and veggies! … organic or not
Boosting your Immune System and avoiding sugar and other industrially processed foods.
How to treat Hepatitis A without drugs – Most Important 5 Steps
1. Diet – Jonathan Wright, MD – recommends a diet low in protein to diminish the stress on the liver.
- whole foods with low hypoglycemic food, organic
- small meals (even if you have to eat more frequently)
- NO stressor foods: refined sugars, alcohol, caffeine
- LOTS of filtered WATER!!!
- have at least one salad and steamed (or lightly sauteed vegetables) EVERY SINGLE DAY!
2. THERAPY FOR THE LIVER
Squeeze fresh lemon juice in water and drink at least a glass every morning and evening, followed by vegetable juice ( my green juice video)
3. Cleansing = give your liver a break and help it out. Your liver is overloaded with toxins and this virus was the last straw!
a. Bowel Cleanse ( and parasite cleanse)
b. Dental (we all know the amalgam story and the mercury poisoning)
c. Kidney Cleanse
d. Liver/gallbladder Cleanse.
Please talk to your doctor before doing any of these cleanses to tell you if your body can do it.
4. Exercise – Sounds crazy? Probably, especially when one of the symptoms is fatigue!
Physical exercise helps cleanse, brings balance and relieves stress. The mild kinds are the best: walking, yoga, meditation, tai chi, Qi Gong, Swimming (in non-chlorinated water!), easy hike, even trampoline jumping!
5.Sweating – to rid your body of toxins
- bundle up
- hot tea
- cayenne pepper (too much spicy food might take a toll on the liver, so restrain from too many condiments)
Vitamin C, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin B complex, multi-enzymes => make sure these are quality supplements or you’re going to push your liver overboard
Chlorophyll Enemas 3/day
Hydrotherapy: alternate hot compress (1 minute) and cold compress (5 min), especially for acute infectious hepatitis. Repeat 3 times a day.